Sunday, September 6, 2020

Song of Solomon 2 雅歌/Song of Songs







Song of Solomon 2

King James Bible Par ▾

The Bride

1I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys.

Solomon

2As the lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters.

The Bride

3As the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.

4He brought me to the banqueting house, and his banner over me was love.

5Stay me with flagons, comfort me with apples: for I am sick of love.

6His left hand is under my head, and his right hand doth embrace me.

7I charge you, O ye daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, and by the hinds of the field, that ye stir not up, nor awake my love, till he please.

The Bride's Adoration

8The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.

9My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.

10My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

11For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

12The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

13The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Solomon

14O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.

15Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.

The Bride

16My beloved is mine, and I am his: he feedeth among the lilies.

17 Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, turn, my beloved, and be thou like a roe or a young hart upon the mountains of Bether.



Convent Thoughts (1850-1)
CHARLES ALLSTON COLLINS (1828–1873)
THE ASHMOLEAN MUSEUM OF ART AND ARCHAEOLOGY
A nun contemplates a passion flower, symbolising the crucifixion of Christ. In her left hand, she holds an illuminated missal open at an image of the Virgin Mary. The frame, designed by Millais, is inscribed: 'SICUT LILIUM' ('As the lily among thorns') from the Song of Solomon. This was traditionally associated with the Virgin Mary, as was the enclosed garden. Collins painted the background while staying in Oxford and the flowers were painted in the garden of the Clarendon Press, where he was the guest of the Combes.
The painting is executed in the minutely detailed style of the early Pre-Raphaelites, though Collins was never a member of the Brotherhood. It was exhibited at the Royal Academy in 1851 and was one of the works which provoked Ruskin's defence of the young artists.


Previous雅歌:Chapter 2Next
1我是原野的水仙,谷中的百合。
2我的愛卿在少女中,有如荊棘中的一朵百合花。
3我的愛人在少年中,有如森林中的一棵蘋果樹;我愛坐在他的蔭下,他的果實令我滿口香甜。
4他引我進入酒室,他插在我身上的旗幟是愛情。
5請你們用葡萄乾來補養我,用蘋果來蘇醒我,因為我因愛成疾:
6他的左手在我頭下,他的右手緊抱著我。
7耶路撒冷女郎!我指著田野間的羚羊或牝鹿,懇求你們,不要驚醒,不要喚醒我的愛,讓她自便罷!
8聽,這是我愛人的聲音;看,他來了:跳過山岡,躍過丘陵。
9我的愛人彷彿羚羊,宛如幼鹿;你看,他已站在我們的牆後,由窗外向裡凝視,由窗櫺住內窺望。
10我的愛人招呼我說:「起來,我的愛卿!快來,我的佳麗!
11看,嚴冬已過,時雨止息,且已過去;
12田間的花卉已露,歌唱的時期已近。在我們的地方已聽到斑鳩聲;
13無花果樹已發出初果,葡萄樹已開花放香;起來,我的愛卿!快來,我的佳麗!
14我那在岩石縫中,在懸崖隱處的鴿子!請讓我看到你的面貌,聽見你的聲音,因為你的聲音柔和可愛,你的面貌美麗動人。」
15請你們為我們捕捉狐狸,捕捉毀壞葡萄園的小狐狸,我們的葡萄園正在開花啊!
16我的愛人屬於我,我屬於我的愛人;他在百合花間,牧放他的羊群。
17趁晚風還未生涼,日影還未消失,我的愛人,願你仿效盟約山上的羚羊或幼鹿,向我歸來!

No comments:

Post a Comment